- Rockets from Gaza have killed 21 Israelis in 10 years. Israeli kills 25 in 3 days and I won’t even go on about the massacre in the Gaza War where 1,417 Palestinian and 13 Israeli deaths, 4 from friendly fire.
- Approximately 1.5 million Palestinian civilians have died since 1948, including the victims of the ethnic cleansing campaigns in the west in 1948-50 and in the east since 1967. Civilian deaths have escalated dramatically in recent years since the Zionists developed their obsession with the Palestinian birth-rate, and children are often the target. There is only a small fine for killing a Palestinian in cold blood. It’s based on a weapons charge, not murder.
- About 5,000,000 refugees have been created. 21,000 square kilometres of land has been annexed. 385 towns and villages have been destroyed. About 300 billion military dollars have been spent. 65 UN resolutions have been ignored.
- Beside the daily killing and abuse, Palestinians face all forms of oppression and ethnic cleansing policies to force them to leave their lands.
- Israel has existed since 1948 with immense racist laws maintaining colonial and racist privileges inside Israel and the occupied territories.
Lee said: “[The attack] was a surprise, because it happened in the middle of the night, in the darkness, in international waters, because we knew there would be a confrontation but not in international waters. Their first tactic was to cut all of our satellite communications and then they attacked. All I witnessed first hand was the shooting. They came on board and started shooting at people.”
"They said we were terrorists – it was absurd… They confiscated all of our telephones and all of our luggage and took everything out of the bags and put it on the floor."
"We expected them to shoot people in the legs, to shoot in the air, just to scare people, but they were direct," she said, in a separate interview with the Folha de São Paulo newspaper. "Some of them shot in the passengers’ heads. Many people were murdered – it was unimaginable."
Annette Groth, a German politician: “They were shooting without warning. It was like war … They had guns, Taser weapons, some type of teargas and other weaponry, compared to two-and-a-half wooden sticks we had between us. To talk of self-defence is ridiculous.”
This petition just started yesterday and has now already reached more than 200,000 signatures!
Gaza: investigate the raid, end the blockade.
Israel’s deadly raid of the Gaza humanitarian flotilla has sparked worldwide outrage. This time, we can’t accept mere words from our leaders. It’s time for action.
This petition will be delivered to the UN and world leaders — sign on to join the global call for truth, accountability, and justice for Gaza!
Petition to governments and international organisations: We call for an immediate, independent investigation into the flotilla assault, full accountability for those responsible, and the lifting of the Gaza blockade.
Genre/theme(s): News, Gaza, Israel, War, Peace, Aid, Help, Society, World
Rating : 10/10
Length : about 3 pages
Excerpt:Israeli forces have attacked a flotilla of aid-carrying ships aiming to break the country’s siege on Gaza.
More than 10 people were killed and dozens injured when troops intercepted the convoy of ships dubbed the Freedom Flotilla early on Monday, the Israeli military said.
The Israeli Army Radio had earlier said that up to 16 people had been killed.